Creating your first email template or draft with Bananatag is easy! The following steps will help you create a beautiful email within Gmail in just a few moments:
Email Building with Gmail
STEP 1: Select Compose to start a new email
STEP 2: Click on Drafts
STEP 3: A new window will open: Drafts - All - Scheduled
STEP 4: Select the + symbol on the top right-hand side of the window
STEP 5: You can choose to create your draft from the following options:
- Your Templates - templates that you’ve already created and saved*
- Template Library - a selection of pre-built Bananatag templates ready for customization
- From Scratch - start a new draft from the ground up
- Newsletter - Block-based Email Designer
- Rich Text - Text-based emails **
STEP 6: Enter a Draft Name
STEP 7: In the Email Designer window, you can drag the Blocks you want to add to your template/draft ***
STEP 8: Input your information (text, images, hyperlinks) and adjust the Style and Content
- Style - This section allows you to adjust the colors, fonts, buttons and surveys (where applicable), as well as the padding.
- Content - Each block has its own content features that you can adjust.
STEP 9: You can select Save to save this design as a draft
STEP 10: The Drafts window will reopen where you can select your created draft.
STEP 11: You can Schedule, Send, Edit, or Delete a draft.
STEP 12: Once you select Send, add your Distribution List to the To, CC or BCC fields
STEP 13: Click Send and you’re done!
* If this is your first email template/draft, this section will not contain any pre-built templates. Once you save your first template then you are able to re-use it as you wish.
** Use the Rich Text editor to create plain text emails or paste in your own custom HTML
*** To insert a block, use the left sidebar and drag in a block to the canvas or click on it to automatically add it to your canvas.