Single Sign-On (SSO) allows users to log in with a single ID and password to gain access to their Bananatag accounts! Depending on your company and IT requirements, you may have the ability to sign into Bananatag by using the same login information as you do to sign in to your laptop or desktop device.
Currently SSO is available to Internal Comms Enterprise Accounts.
The benefits of using SSO are:
- Reduce password fatigue from different user name and password combinations
- Reduce time spent re-entering passwords for the same identity
- Reduce IT costs due to lower number of IT help desk calls about passwords
- Improved Security as the credentials are provided directly to the central SSO server
- Quicker access to team accounts, if you're not using the Team section
- Improved user experience due to seamless experience across multiple domains
The setup outlined below should be done by the Parent Admin account of the organization who has an IC Enterprise Plan subscription with Bananatag:
STEP 1: Login with your Bananatag account to the Bananatag Dashboard
STEP 2: Reveal the drop-down account options by clicking the account icon on the top right.
STEP 3: Click on Settings
STEP 4: Select Single Sign-On
STEP 5: Enter SAML protocol settings regarding your internal IdP*
- IdP Name - This value is used for IdP discovery on user login (it is important that this value matches your organization email subdomain).
- IdP Issuer URI – The issuer. The IdP provides this value.
- IdP Single Sign-On URL – The sign-on URL from the IdP.
- IdP Signature Certificate – Certificate from the IdP used to sign the assertion
STEP 6: Once this information is submitted, the single sign on settings will be created for your organization and the necessary IdP configurations will be shown back to you
STEP 7: Now you are all set!
* In the future an additional field will be required to allow for single sign-out:
Remote sign-out URL: The sign-out redirect link of your IdP. This is the URL that redirect users to sign out of their IdP.
You can login to Bananatag at https://app.bananatag.com/ and after entering your organization email, you will be taken to your internal IdP Login. On a successful login, you will be redirected to Bananatag and automatically signed in. You can assign user privileges or restrict access to Bananatag application through your internal user directory. Currently, if you would like to login to a second Bananatag account, you would need to first log out of both Bananatag and your internal IdP.
To learn more about how you can implement SSO with your Bananatag account or upgrade your plan type to the Enterprise Plan, get in touch with your Account Manager.
Check with your IT team to see if SSO is a requirement for your use case or if it would be possible to set up SSO with your Bananatag account: