To send emails through app.bananatag.com, and as part of the features relating to List Management in Bananatag, your organization’s domain needs to be verified by Bananatag. This article will walk you step-by-step through the process.
- From the Settings tab in your account, navigate to the List Management tile.
- Here you will be asked to verify your organization’s sending domain(s):
- Enter the domain you’d like to send emails from.(Ex: acmecorporation.com)
The next step will require an update to your organization’s internal and external DNS settings, which likely need to be completed by your IT team.
- The system will automatically generate a TXT record and DKIM records, which will need to be added to your domain’s internal/external DNS records.
- The domain being set up will show below with a status of pending:
IMPORTANT NOTE: These changes will need to take place on both your internal and external DNS records. Making the change to only one will result in inconsistent results in both the Bananatag "Verification Status" as well as with using Bananatag List Management to send emails.
Once these records have been added to your organization’s domain settings, you can retry the verification process:
Once these settings can be successfully verified, you will see an updated status of Success next to the domain name.
Once your domain is verified, you will be able to send emails through app.bananatag.com from any account that is part of the domain that was set up (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com etc.)