In this article you will learn:
What is Web App?
Web App puts you in control of your employee lists and allows you to:
- Create and update your own distribution lists (without IT).
- Target employee communication by department, location, job role and more
- Capture engagement data with unique recipient tracking
There are two ways to import your contacts into the Bananatag dashboard.
First, you can add an integration to connect Bananatag with your existing people management system (such as Azure Active Directory). The benefits of doing so include daily automatic syncing of those contacts so all contact information is updated automatically.
Second, you can use the CSV Import function to quickly upload lists of employees using standard CSV files. Both import options offer step-by-step help to integrate or upload your data, it's your choice.
- To import addresses, first, start under the Contacts tab.
- Then click Import. You can use either an integration, which will update itself automatically with the latest information, such as Azure Active Directory or a CSV document of contact names and emails.
Regardless of the path, the next steps are very similar, so we will take the CSV route.
- Upload your CSV document
- Label each field or column found in the CSV to help sort relevant data. Choose a pre-made label, like the First Name field or create your own.
- Optional - Click Map field, skip it if it is not relevant information for your lists.
- Name your list.
Congratulations you’re all done! Your most recent CSV upload will be found under sources > Uploads or if you have used an integration, you will find it under the integration Tab.
Create and Manage Lists
Lists of employees can be created based on any combination of attributes you define in Bananatag. You are in full control of your data. Any details that are included with your contacts when imported can be used to create targeted lists to send emails specific to. For example, you can create lists for:
- Specific teams or departments
- Management tiers
- Office locations
Creating lists only take a few clicks. Here's how:
- Click on Directory to find all of the imported contacts. This is every contact you have added to your account.
- Click Add New Filter to narrow down your recipients. Choose a field, for instance, Department, these are comprised of the categories included in the import stage.
- Next, add one attribute or a few.
- Once completed, all of your created lists are will be available in the lists tab.
- Click Save as List. Name your list and choose whether you would like this list to be dynamic or static.
Send a Draft Email Using Web App
You have some new lists created. Now what? You can send emails to these lists directly from the Bananatag web app! Send your emails in just a few clicks.
- Click on the Create tab to find all email drafts
- Click Send on the draft you would like to send
- Add your list(s)
- Add Subject Line
- Click Send Now
Congratulations! You are now ready to send your emails with Bananatags Web App.