Videos are a great way to improve user engagement by providing content in a quick, digestible format.
- How to add videos to your designs
- How to create a thumbnail for your recipients.
- How videos are displayed
Adding videos to your design
To add a video to your design:
- Add the Video with Text quick block or create a custom block that includes a video element
- Click on the video element and you will see the Video Settings panel appear on the right-side
- In the Video Link field, copy and paste a link to the video you wish to display in the email
The video element does not upload a video to your email design. If you have a video saved locally to your computer, you will first need to upload the video to an external platform like Youtube or Vimeo before it can be added to your design.
Creating a thumbnail for your video
Most recipients enjoy videos that have a thumbnail, as it prompts them to click on the video to view it.
You can add a custom thumbnail in Video Settings > Video Thumbnail:
If you are uploading a thumbnail image for a video hosted on Youtube, the image file you have uploaded will replace the default Youtube thumbnail.
How recipients interact with videos
When your recipients click on the video in your emails, they will be redirected to the external platform where the video is hosted to view the video.
Please note that if your IT department has any firewalls or settings in place that restrict access to external video-hosting platforms, this may cause issues for your issues. In the event that this occurs, please check with your IT department.