Test emails are a great way for you to see how your audience will view your message in their inbox. They are not tracked, and they won't disappear from your drafts when sent out!
You can either send test emails straight from the email designer or your email client add-in. If you send a test email within the designer, there are a few points to bear in mind:
- They will come from firstname.lastname@example.org. Because of this, they may be filtered into a junk folder or images may not be displayed correctly
- Images will be overlayed with a 'test email' watermark to avoid forwarding
- They can be sent to only one recipient at a time.
Test Sends Within Email Clients
Step 1. Open Outlook and click on 'Create With Bananatag' on the top ribbon
Step 2. Click on the draft you'd like to test send
Step 3. Uncheck 'Track Email' - the message is now in 'Test Mode'
Step 4. Choose the sender address from the drop-down field and enter the recipients
Step 5. Click 'Send'
Step 1. Open Outlook and click on 'New Message' on the top ribbon
Step 2. Click the three dots by the smiley face, and then the Bananatag logo
Step 3. Click the 'Drafts' icon, then locate the draft you'd like to test send.
Step 4. Hovering over the draft, click the envelope icon
Step 5. Click the toggle switch to 'Test'. The email is now in 'Test Mode'
Step 6. Add recipients and subject line
Step 7. Click 'Send Test'
Step 1. Open Gmail and click on 'Drafts' on the left-hand side
Step 2. Locate the draft you'd like to test send, and click on 'Send'
Step 3. Choose the sender address from the drop-down field and enter the recipients
Step 4. Click the toggle switch next to the Send button so it is in the 'Test' position. The email is now in 'Test Mode'.
Step 5. Click 'Send Test'
Test Sends Within the Designer
You can send a test email directly within the email designer. This can be done by clicking the 'Send Test Email' button on the top-left (shaped like a paper aeroplane). Then, enter the email address of the intended recipient and click 'Send'.
Occasionally, images may "disappear" when sending tests from the designer. Due to this being an external send, coming from Bananatag, it could be one of a few things:
- An Outlook setting is blocking external content
- The SecureTemp folder is "full"
- Word's Picture placeholder setting is enabled
- Internet Explorer setting for Do not save encrypted files to disk is checked