Changing the reply address of emails allows you to define exactly where any responses to your communication will be sent.
Making this change can be useful if:
- you are sending a communication on behalf of an individual such as one of your organization's executives, and you don't want their inboxes to get a high number of replies.
- you are sending a communication for another department, and they want to have access and control of the replies.
How to change the "reply to" address
- After your draft is complete, and you are ready to send or schedule it, access the Send Details page.
- On the "More Send Options" area, you will find the field for changing the reply email:
- Enable the toggle button, and now you will be able to type the new reply email for this communication.
- Your updated reply to email will be effective when you send the message.
|Note: Depending on the settings of your organization's mail servers, some auto-replies (such as Out of Office) might go to the original email instead of the custom one.|
Checking the reply address of sent emails
After a draft is sent, you can always check the reply address in the Send Details, on the Email Stats page: